THUNDER BAY, Ont.—While the 2018-19 campaign in the SIJHL has come to a close on the ice, players from across the league continue to make commitments to continue their careers at the college and university levels—either in Canada or the United States.
As of June 5, there have been 18 SIJHL players who have committed to continue their hockey careers while also furthering their education in schools on both sides of the border.
That number is just four shy of the 22 league players that made college and university commitments during the 2017-18 campaign.
In the past eight seasons alone, well over 200 players who have competed in the SIJHL have gone on to compete at a higher level—be it through college and university or the major junior ranks.
More league player commitments will be announced once they are finalized and confirmed.
SIJHL 2018-19 season commitment list
(as of June 5)
Dryden GM Ice Dogs
- Kyle Sargent, Casleton (NEHC)
- Trey Palermo, SAIT (ACAC)
- Braden Shea, Lindenwood (ACHA)
Fort Frances Lakers
- Jaedin Ness, St. Scholastica (NCHA)
- Nate Drobnick, St. Scholastica (NCHA)
- Anthony Antonelli, Becker College (CCC)
Minnesota Iron Rangers
- Garrett Wojcicki, Albertus Magnus (NCAA D-III)
- Erik Engdahl, Lawrence Tech (ACHA)
Red Lake Miners
- Stratton Pickett, University of Victoria (BCIHL)
- Cole Bohnet, Marysville (ACHA)
- Danti Tisi, Concordia (ACAC)
- Michael Di Lullo, SAIT (ACAC)
- Matt Krawiec, Simon Fraser (BCIHL)
- Jackson Stephens, VIU (BCIJHL)
Thief River Falls Norskies
- Blake Nelson, Bethel University (MIAC)
- Boe Bjorge, St. Scholastica (NCHA)
- Connor Bowey, Trine (NCHA)
Thunder Bay North Stars
- Keighan Gerrie, Bowling Green (WCHA) (2020)