The town has been successful in obtaining Connecting Link funding for the reconstruction of Scott Street from Colonization Road East to Reid Avenue.
At tonight's meeting, council has a recommendation to approve a report that will enter into a funding agreement for Connecting Link funding.
The total funding allocation for the work is $3 million and the tender for the project is being awarded this fall, with construction commencing in the spring of 2020.
Council also has a recommendation to tender the Memorial Sports Centre's roof replacement to JML Engineering for a total cost of $43,578, excluding HST.
Council will also receive a verbal update on capital projects.
Tonight's council meeting will follow the committee of the whole meeting, which gets underway at 5:30 p.m.
In-camera items include a property matter, personnel matter regarding a support contract, and Agency One matters.
Other business on the agenda tonight includes:
- a recommendation re: Municipal Household Hazardous Waste event services;
- a recommendation re: 2018 zoom camera inspection of storm sewers;
- a recommendation that will redefine the non-prime time ice surface rental user fee class to include the hours of 6 a.m. to 8 a.m.;
- a request from the Rainy River District School Board re: unbudgeted construction of a sidewalk along McIrvine Road; and
- a request from CN re: proclamation of Sept. 23-29, 2019 as “Rail Safety Week” in the Town of Fort Frances.