On Sunday, the OPP were dispatched to a report of an unknown male who had sexually assaulted a female around 1 a.m. between Park Street and Second Street South in Kenora.
The OPP were unable to locate the male suspect and are requesting the public's assistance to help locate him.
He is described as Caucasian, about 5'6" in height, with a shaved head, dark beard, and a stocky build.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation should contact the Kenora OPP immediately at 1-888-310-1122 or 1-807-548-5534.
Should you wish to remain anonymous, you can call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS).
The OPP reminds all members of the public to be aware of their personal safety at all times.
The OPP's website—www.opp.ca—contains a number of useful resources, tips, and links, including:
- there is safety in numbers, do not walk alone;
- avoid dark trails and streets, as well as secluded areas;
- tell people where you are going and a time you plan on returning;
- pay attention to street names and landmarks such as buildings in case of emergencies (this will help first responders locate you quickly);
- a personal alarm always is a good idea to have (something that makes loud noises); and
- carry a cellphone and be familiar with the operation of an emergency call on your phone (keep in mind that even without a contract, people still are able to call 9-1-1).