The Rainy River Federation of Agriculture once again hosting its “Ag Day.”
Following the well-received revival of the event back in April, the fall version will take place this Saturday (Nov. 18) at the Emo Legion.
The day will begin at 9 a.m. with coffee and doughnuts, and run until about 3:15 p.m.
The event is being held in conjunction with the RRFA annual general meeting, which is scheduled to take up about an hour of the day.
Speakers and presentations will begin at 9:30 a.m., and will include:
- Rob Rupert (OMAFRA Bee Inspector) on “Honey Bees and their Benefits”;
- Cathy Debney (Ministry of Environment) on “Ag Plastics and What You Need to Know”;
- Kelly McFayden and Jim Lockhart (BDO Canada) on “Tax Concerns and CRA Proposals”;
- Paul Brunetta (Brunetta Law Office) on “Will, Succession, and Land Transfers”; and
- Maria Ramirez-Giraldo on "Species-at-Risk Farm Incentive Program.
Geoff Gillon of the Rainy River Future Development Corp. also will provide district updates and news.
There also will be another mini-trade show, with district businesses, producers and organizations taking part.
For those who stay until the end of the day, a door prize of a one-day, two-person fly-in fishing trip or a three-person, two-hour district fly-over tour will be drawn (you must be in attendance to win).
A hot lunch will be offered for $10, which also will be your entry into the door prize draw.
As well, the weekly “Catch the Ace” draw will take place at the end of the day's programming.
Guests are asked to R.S.V.P. for lunch, and to reserve a spot in the venue, by calling 487-2340, 275-9706, or 487-2387.